The John K. Morgan Scholarship is established to recognize outstanding community service in Rockdale County. The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who has demonstrated this outstanding community service in Rockdale County and plans to continue that level of commitment while pursuing post-secondary education. The scholarship will be awarded to assist with college related expenses only.
- Must be a Rockdale County resident.
- Demonstrated outstanding community service in Rockdale County as a volunteer
- Anticipating completion of a high school diploma or GED at the time of application;
- Plans to pursue post-secondary education
- Must be eligible for post-secondary enrollment in degree or certificate program at an accredited institution.
- If selected for the scholarship, will commit to:
- Providing a quarterly report of community service hours that describes the service.
- Serving a minimum of five hours a month to maintain scholarship and be eligible for renewal of the scholarship. The scholarship may be renewed for up to three years.
- Being at a minimum a part-time student in good standing at the post-secondary institution.
To apply, you must follow these steps:
- Applicants can apply between October 2023 and January 31, 2024. Final applications must be completed online or postmarked no later than January 31, 2024.
- Include in the application a narrative describing your community service in Rockdale County including the name of the organization and type of service. (Maximum of 1000 words.)
- Include a copy of current official high school transcript or official record of progress toward GED (If selected, applicant must provide a copy of final transcripts or official GED certificate to demonstrate eligibility for post-secondary enrollment.)
- Provide two letters of recommendation – one must be from a recipient of your community service.
- Application process:
- Complete the application by January 31, 2024
- Click here for the online application
- Mail paper application to: JKM Scholarship, PO Box 658, Conyers GA 30012
The John K. Morgan Scholarship Committee will select finalists to be interviewed prior to making a selection. Interviews will be conducted during the month of February 2024. The recipient(s) will be announced at our annual awards event on March 20, 2024.
Applications are due January 31, 2024